Accent Dance NYC is seeking experienced Dance Teaching Artists for placement in the current school semester and next year in dance and movement residencies and after-school programs in the NYC Public Schools.
About the position and Accent Dance NYC:
Teaching artists will lead in-school or after-school dance residencies/programs in public, private, and charter schools in NYC as well as possible schools in lower Westchester. Programs include paid time for curriculum development.
Since 2018, Accent Dance NYC has worked with thousands of students in public, private, and charter schools in New York City and lower Westchester, with a focus on providing arts education to students who do not have regular access to it. We also are a professional performance company which features a multicultural team of artists performing works of ballet, tango, salsa, hip hop, tap, jazz, ballroom dance, martial arts-based dance, and beyond. Our educational programs occur both during the school day (between 8am-3pm) and after school (3pm-6pm).
Qualified candidates should have:
1 to 3 days per week available between 8am-3pm (in-school programs) and/or 2:30pm-6pm (after-school programs) for placement in the upcoming school semester, with experience in a variety of dance forms: Hip hop, African dance, Latin dances (e.g. tango, salsa, etc.), creative movement/choreography, ballet, modern, and jazz. Candidates also should have experience teaching in NYC public schools (or similar settings) with elementary, middle, and/or high school populations.
To apply, submit:
- Detailed CV including TEACHING RESUME
- One or more teaching videos
- Brief sample LESSON PLAN setting forth a successful dance lesson in any one of the above-referenced styles of dance (45-60 minute lesson) and indicate what age/grade it is targeted for.
- Brief cover letter statement in the body of the email highlighting the following:
- Interest in Accent Dance NYC’s mission and approach to teaching dance in public school settings;
- Brief summary of dance teaching expertise, such as “I have 4 years’ experience teaching ballet, jazz, tap in schools and studios and would be comfortable also teaching modern.”
- Noting your current and upcoming availability based on the schedule above, such as “I am available Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays between 8am-6pm.”
To Artistic Director, Andrea Ziegelman, at email@example.com with subject line DANCE TEACHING ARTIST. Initial interviews and next steps will be conducted via video call and/or in-person.